St. Joseph’s School, was established in 1967, and is managed by the Apostolic Vicariate of the Roman Catholic Church of Arabia.
After its installation, the school was managed by H. E. Giovanni Bernardo Gremoli, O.F.M. Cap., Vicar Apostolic Emeritus, and the former Bishop (retired Mar 2005) of the Vicariate of Arabia, afterwards succeeded by H. E. Paul Hinder, O.F.M. Cap., the current Bishop. The school always associated with the Roman Catholic Church, was located initially with the church building on the Corniche strip. Following the decision of the local government that the site be altered, the present foundation was laid for church and school buildings on the 19th of March, 1981, and dedicated to St. Joseph, the foster father of Christ, whose feast-day is celebrated on the same day. The day-to-day working of the school is managed by the Carmelite Sisters of St. Theresa, led by the present Principal, Sister Carmen.
In our increasingly competitive world, university education gives students a wider choice and better career prospects. St. Joseph’s School prepare students for university and a future of continuous learning. Through the St. Joseph’s School Educational System, students develop a solid foundation of knowledge. They are motivated to strive for academic and personal excellence, and thereby become better geared to meet the challenges of a changing world.
The School Building is situated in a campus area of 400 x 400 sq.mt. The main building consists of 48 class rooms, 3 well equipped Science Laboratories, optional rooms, 1 Computer Lab, 2 well equipped Libraries and 1 Medical Clinic.
The aim of the school is to promote a cosmopolitan atmosphere.
The objectives of St. Joseph's School are:
- To instill a positive attitude towards learning as an immediate enrichment of life and as a preparation for further education.
- To orient each child individually through the educational process so that he can realise his maximum potential.
- To provide instruction in the core academic areas such as Languages, Arts, Mathematics, Sciences and Social Sciences.
- To provide each child with opportunities to discover and foster interests and talents in the arts and other non-academic areas.
- To impart character traits, trust, dependability, honesty and refinement through precept and example.
- To guide each child in the development of interpersonal relationships in the school, at home, and in the society.
- To foster a realistic understanding and appreciation of the culture of India, of the host country (U. A. E.) and of all foreign countries and to inculcate in the children a sense of mutual respect, love, friendship and universal brotherhood.
“No child can learn to love unless he or she has first been loved”
“It is better to build strong children than repair adults”
“Shine Where You Are”
To Educate, Innovate, Empower to Become Global Citizens
To equip students with skills and values to face the challenges of the 21st century
To enable students to achieve their highest potentials by developing their Social and Emotional personality through active learning.
To create in students an awareness of Global environmental issues.